Friday 26 October 2012

Thrifty Sewing: Home Decoration - Session 1 Vintage Fabric



I have been very busy sewing in the past few days to give a "lift" to my sitting room and make use of some of the great vintage fabrics I have been collecting in the last months, so here is my :

DECOR RECIPE n.1 - Vintage Magazine / Book rack made pretty pretty.

INGREDIENTS:

Vintage Atomic/50' Magazine rack
Vintage fabric
Buttons +Ribbons

Time: 1 Hour
 
I found this cute but sad Atomic 50' magazine rack in the Fleetville Vintage Emporium ( check my previous Blog with all useful addresses for vintage bargain hunting!), it had been a while I had been looking for one of those. But it lacked colour and definitely needed cheering up. So I suddenly thought about my vintage fabric stash....and here we are:

 
Very simple cutting 2 rectangles and sewing straight edges.
I choose a 50' Barcloth & retro 70' bedding fabric.


I checked the size and made sure they fit ( almost!)

 
Then I chose some pretty threads, ribbons and buttons to fit the fabric, each rectangle to the frame.


 
Here is the result, very pretty...and easy.



 
Very nice! I like it! Hope you do too....let me know!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment