Monday 3 December 2012

Vintage and Modern Retro Furniture Design




I crave 50's Design...in all shape and form !!!!
So I have selected my favorite images of Retro Furniture Design, Vintage and Contemporary style.

Ercol has come back recently and is very sought after. I love the light and simple design, the honesty of the wood and the cute "atomic" style legs:





I really like the sofa, I do not know if it is comfortable but it does not matter as it is so beautiful!
 
 



 
 
I also like the nest tables, a classic, and the bench.


 
 
 
The coffe table with a magazine rack is a classic too!
I wouldn't mind to have one myself!!!The new light stools are very light and useful in a busy kitchen.

 
 
I have a passion for Vintage Kitchen Pantries, this is a selection of interesting furniture for sale on Ebay, so if you would like one ...there is hope to catch one at a bargain price !




 
 






 
 
Now I would like to talk about the fantastic range of Orla Kiely, which is Retro inspired and so amazing!
 
I love everything the Designer has produced over the years, and have collected many accessories for the home.
 
These great tins are Shaker inspired, I love the bright colours and have a set to keep all my sewing bits and bobs!
 


 
 
I like Kitchen Towels, so I got these....perfect in a Retro Kitchen!



 
 





The Kitchen collection with jars, teapots, mugs and trays is really gorgeous....

                                                  
                                                                 

 
 
 
The wall paper is to die for!
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
I could do with a cushion or two! And what about the handbags! And a pretty dress!






 
I recently bought some cute orange towels to cheer up my poor batroom!

 
You must be asking why I am so besotted with Orla Kiely! Well today I was in London Covent Garden and visited the Showroom, so I have got even more excited about it because there is a new line of retro furniture coming out by the end of the month, so I could not resist! I just loved everything I saw, I could have moved in there and then!





 
 
 
 
These are some picks of the new coming furniture line! They are gorgeous! 
 


 



 






 
 

The book is great to find out about the evolotion and story of the great Designer!




 
 
Now you know what I would like for Christmas!!!! xxxx



1 comment:

  1. The sleek design of this retro sofa is just what I've been looking for. It's chic yet timeless.Tessa Furniture for Sale Melbourne

    ReplyDelete