Wednesday 12 December 2012

Easy Peasy Sewing Project for Absolute Beginners - Coasters, Napkins, Mats



I love fabric. This I keep repeating....as I DO!!!

So I find very hard to cut through some of my precious Vintage finds...as once they are gone...they are gone!!!!

One way to "suffer" a little less ( yes I am a bit OCD!) is to "save" each pattern in a simple way, square samplers, and make coasters, mug rugs, bunting or napkins with the following simple technique: cut the fabric in small square shapes, 5-10-15 inch per side, ( you can use layer cake pre-cuts as well), use one side or double layer with or without quilt filling inside, sew around edges with different machine styles.

Each square can be embellished with extra doily, lace, ribbon, button, patchwork to create unique pieces!

Too simple really but just fun and useful for your cup of teas!


 

 

 


 


 
These are the basic squares, I will decorate them next week!!!
xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment