Friday 11 January 2013

Vintage Handbags & Compacts ... with a surprise!!!



Well here we are in 2013!!! Welcome back and best wishes for a Happy Year of Sewing and...good health!

I would like to celebrate the new year with a picture of All Saints shops, in London! I have always been fascinated by the number of Vintage Singers sewing machines on display and the industrial themed fittings, so here they are for us all to enjoy:







I have survived the last big holiday with the kids by exploring London, visiting the Science Museum, chasing the Sales with not much luck and ...being lazy as much as possible! Last week I went crazy because a BUG blocked the Upload of any pictures onto the Blog, so I was very upset about this estra long pause in my Blogging, but I just managed to find a way to solve temporarily  the issue so here are my pre-saved pictures..... enjoy!


Now it is back to school Mummy Taxi Service and all the usual suspects, so I am hoping to go back sewing asap !

In the meantime I have been busy at night time (!) my only free time, to surf the Web hunting for interesting Vintage collector items, and in the process I have obsessed over Vintage handbags....yes still handbags ....so I would like to share some real gems...!

I am currently in love with Vintage purses from the 50' and 60' s and evening Compacts or Minaudieres.  They are tiny pretty things, to die for really, and available on Ebay, Etsy or Vintage Markets ( Alexandra Palace Vintage Fair is a good one!!!)




 
I love the rigid shape of 50' purses, small things in precious leather, today it would be a show stopper with jeans!


 
American Manufactures Koret and Julius Resnick - JR produced lots of these cute bags, now easy to find on Etsy!

 
I like the attention to detail inside the bag with red leatherette!

 
And what about this quilted little number! Chanel and Hermes are really the best!



 
I fell in love with this Chanel mint green patent quilted classic hand bag, I even touched it in Harrods for a few seconds and I was in Heaven...try to believe this! It is a dream as retails over £ 3000.00 but I guess it is worth every penny, the interior is a matching leather with a secret love pocket....aaaahh!
 

This is Anya Hindmarch tiny option, Disco Mini cross body bag, it is minuscule but just adorable and weirdly heavy given the
microscopic size!

 

 
Here are some smaller examples of Vintage Compacts or Minaudieres, just enough space for a lipstick, powder and parfume!





 
As I am a toy collector at heart, I suggest the purchase of these alternative compacts as well, Mini Polly Pockets by Bluebird from the 80'..not good for an evening out but lots of fun in the day time, still available on Ebay...I got a few!
And they do not take up too muchspace either...so it is a win win situation!!!!




Well it is great to be back ...

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment