Wednesday 26 September 2012

I did it...maybe! Here is my new retro sewing blog!

I am very confused...I do not seem to understand how to blog...so if  anyone is ever to read this post..please let me know!!!!!

I am new to the fabric world...I got hooked a year ago, at the Stitch Exhibition in Ally Pally, London,  I loved the colours, patterns, textures and designs of Japanese fabrics, in particular Kawaii and Zakka style ( new words to me!!!) and coming home with a huge bundle.....it was the start of a new love story (following years collecting dollhouses, barbi, playmo...)...now my home is loaded with stacks and bundles...as you can see in the pictures, also buttons, doilies, lace, ribbons!!!!
Can't recommend enough a course to learn how to use a sewing machine... now quilting and stitching is my passion to create fabulous aprons ( oh yes, I collect these too!), quilted blankets, shawls and scarves, wall art, cushions, bags, mats, bunting...........

I also chase here and there the occasional Bambi, Jedite, retro kitchenalia 60'-70' , scandi style..........,  no more room!

My fave Blogs are  Dottie Angel , Blondieandco, Nikki Trench, Cherise, Ayumill, Kaspara and I am addicted to Etsy and Ebay.

I have a huge collection of sewing magazines and books...so now I am ready to be part of this wonderful new world.








This is my first quilt...love the scissors fabric and contrasting colours!!!!

xxxx RetroMum

No comments:

Post a Comment