Monday 17 December 2012

London: Somerset House - A great holiday day out!



Today I treated myself to another day filled with "brain food" such as a visit to a Museum, although one of a different kind!

After last week successful trip to the Tate Britain and the Pre-Raphaellites Exhibition, I joined some other mums in view of the soon feared school closure ( if you  are a mum... you will know what I mean!) for a last chance of free morning time to go to Somerset House.

It is full of events and places to visit: The Impressionist permanent Gallery, the Tim Walker Photograpic Exhibition, Valentino Couture, and for families there is the choice of a fun Ice Rink, Pop Up shops and the fantastic Tom Cafe and Rest.

Some of the above is free, so it is not a bad destination for the pocket either!

 
 
See some pictures and .... plan your next visit!


I have always admired the utterly beautiful and out of the ordinary visual story tales by Tim Walker on Vogue . There are giant dolls, old houses filled with sand and robot like models..... it is a wonderful background to fashion of the highest standard!
And yes ...I wish I had the giant doll all to myself, nevermind the size!




 
This is just a taste of the many photo-works now exhibited at Somerset House (Free!)
 
Valentino does not need any intro.... the clothes speak for themselves...just walk in and imagine yourself on this magical "Passerella".





 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment