Monday 10 December 2012

How to make a Hippy Retro Cushion with Doily



I love bright Retro 70s' fabrics, in particular the large floral bedding sheets, so I chased some on Ebay, charity shops and now I have a reasonable stock to use!!!!

This is a cushion project, I up-cycled and used an old Ikea cushion, binned the stained cover and kept the inside padding, still soft and cuddly!

I cut 2 large squares about 3-4 cm larger than the actual cushion size, different pattern fabrics and started to sew 3 edges inside out and , as I was lazy, closed the last side by hand!
 ( With more time available it is recommended to create envelope style backing to remove cover and wash!)

Finally I chose a pretty Vintage Doily, I collect them and can't have enough .... and with a needle and thread I hand stitched it around in a circle to the fabric. The cushion is done!

This is a very simple way to upcycle existing old cushions and change home colour schemes around the seasons....select different  fabrics and the possible combination are quite infinite!





                                                                                   xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment